what do you get when you cross....

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bullet, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    a Spangled old english roo with a millie hen

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Can you post a pic of your Spangled roo ? He should be Mottled Red Duckwing, but I have seen some that were Mottled Red Columbian ( Red Mille)

But either way you would get Mille Fleur chicks since both patterns are mottled and if he is Red Duckwing based like he should be, it would still give all Milles in the first generation if bred to a Mille hen. But breeding those offspring together or back to the Spangle will produce Spangles and Milles.

3. Bullet

Bullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Mt. Pleasant
    Quote:Can you post a pic of your Spangled roo ? He should be Mottled Red Duckwing, but I have seen some that were Mottled Red Columbian ( Red Mille)

But either way you would get Mille Fleur chicks since both patterns are mottled and if he is Red Duckwing based like he should be, it would still give all Milles in the first generation if bred to a Mille hen. But breeding those offspring together or back to the Spangle will produce Spangles and Milles.

Here he is

[​IMG]

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Ok Yeah he is Red Duckwing based, so you will get what I said in the previous post.

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I would also like to add that your Mille Fleur should have Blue Leg and your Spangled should have White Legs and if this is true and both parents are true for leg color then all offspring will have White Legs.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by