what do you guys think???????

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mr.mc., Aug 14, 2011.

1. mr.mc.

mr.mc. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Indiana
    I am thinking about crossbreeding other ducks with my pekins. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wat breeds do you think will work well? (& I do want them to be the coolest looking ducks ever [​IMG] )

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I'v seen Rouens, mallards and cayugas cross with Pekins. But, I don't know if I would say they looked awesome. Mostly, they kept the other parent's coloring, but kept more of a Peking body type.

Someone on BYC crossed a good quality chocolate runner with a Pekin and it looked pretty cool, I think.

3. bwmichaud

bwmichaud Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    I had a Muscovy drake that got to one of my Pekin ducks so I put 6 of those eggs under a broody chicken and 2 hatched. So far they look pretty strange because they have not fully feathered out but some of the feathers that have come in are barred.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    my pekinXrouens were cool. they looked like anconas
    [​IMG]
    they looked like the balck and white ones along with the typical wild type. the other in the pic is there offspring.

5. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

I love black and white. cayuga and pekin!~

6. Mergansinator

Mergansinator New Egg

Aug 15, 2011
    Cayuga x Pekin would look pretty awesome. I think Blue Swedish x Pekin would look pretty interesting as well.

7. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    My Mallard x Pekin duckling looked almost exactly like a black Swedish duckling
    Here is a pic of his parents
    [​IMG]
    Here he is with his mom
    [​IMG]
    Here is a better pic
    [​IMG]
    This him when he was little older
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately I never got to see what he would look like when he was fully grown b/c he passed away soon after these last pic was taken. He was so pretty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by