What do you have planted in your garden so far ? What zone ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chicken Woman, May 11, 2009.

1. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    [​IMG] I have peas,cauli,broc,spinach,lettuce,bok choy plants that I started inside.
    Seeds in but not up are carrots,bush beans,radish,corn salad.

Will put in my cucumbers,tomato's today. (started in basement under lights). [​IMG]

Apple trees blooming, rasberries leafing out ,gooseberries are too.

Got 9 tomato plants (different heirlooms) in with walls of water to protect just in case. Lemon cuck,burpless cucks,long asian cucks. I still have to put hot caps over some things at night but the cool weather stuff is going great !

Zone 4-5

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:I have lettace, onions, basil, thyme, spinach so far...still a little early I think to put my tomatos out...they are calling for light snow on Tuesday night!
    Zone 3

3. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    I'm in zone 5, I'm in the process of getting in Tomatoes, Green and banana peppers, cabbage (homemade sourkraut), green beans, sugar snap peas, spinach, kolorahbi... I think that's it!

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Zone 9. I've got winter squash, pumpkins, watermelons, cantaloupe, tomatoes, peppers, flowers, squash, onions, beans, corn and potatoes. I think that's it, haha.

5. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh I [​IMG] Kohlrabi!!! That's something you don't find everywhere!! We just got our fencing up around the garden yesterday, and tiller is coming home tonight to till the garden and then I'll get to planting!! Is it too late to start plants from seeds or do I need to get some started plants at the store?? Tomatoes especially?

6. andbab

andbab Chillin' With My Peeps

So far nothing maybe next weekend. Zone 2a

7. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    All my garden is flowers... I have one tomatoe plant.. lol

8. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Nothing yet the community garden powers that be wont let us plant till we know the water ssystem [​IMG] Im planting this week if I have to bring my own very water up there

9. realmofthewoodsranch

realmofthewoodsranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Palintowne, Alaska
    Hmm... Chickweed, Devil's Club, Cottonwood, some kind of painful grass.. not sure..
    I don't know what zone I'm in, it just got to the point where it's not dropping below freezing very often anymore. I'm in Wasilla, Alaska.

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have in the greenhouse right now: celosia, tithonia, petunia, cherry toms & reg toms, coleus, cosmos, tuberose, dahlia, allium, zinnia and daylillies.

In my sunroom indoors: giant pumpkin, watermelon, brussel sprouts, zucchini and swiss chard.

I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can plant the seedlings. I'm in zone 7. I'm letting the chooks scratch around in the veggie patch and do a partial clean up before I go in there and work it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by