What do you know about ChemTrails?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Is this truly a way to prevent organic growing?

Is there really a faction that seeks to have so much control?

Can we keep this discussion civil so that we can learn more and hear about the issue?
  3. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Much ado about nearly nothing. Of the very little there is to this there has not been adequate testing to be sure it amounts to anything.
  4. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    I did 5 minutes of internet research, and it looks as if this is not a premeditated plot to poison us via airplane emmissions. Apparaently the reporter must have been "Barbie~"Math class is hard"--because he didn't use his decimals correctly, but moved a decimal over.
    "The actual video clearly shows 68.8 ug/L (stands for MICROGRAMS PER LITER), eg 68.8 ppb (STANDS FOR PARTS PER BILLION). A Liter of water is 1000 grams, or 1 kilogram. Just as 1+1=2, so does a millionth of a gram out of one thousand grams correspond to one part per Billion. And so does 68.8 millionths of a gram per liter correspond to 68.8 parts per BILLION.
    The reporter was not off by a factor of 1000, but only 100 instead, but only because he read the "68.8" as "6.8". So Ferrell only over-estimated the amount of barium in the test report by a factor of 100 (or, 10,000 PER CENT if you prefer percentages)."

I am much more concerned about the use of stronger and stronger insecticides and herbicides that are used on our commercial crops because the insects and the "weeds" (like pre-emergent corn, which is a weed when they didn't plant it THIS year) have become resistant to the amounts that killed them only 10 years or so, ago. I am allergic to these chemicals. DD thought I might be having a mild reaction when I told her that just this week my eyes were bothering me. She said, no, don't you remember they've been spraying crops? (we are surrounded by farm fields.)
    I am an "Organic Gardener" because I get sick using these things. My other DD, who isn't allergic, has to handle the spray for ants, because they are the one pest that we do attack. We do NOT constantly spray for them, just as needed, about 5-6 times/year. However, we are going to try more traditional methods this year, like Borax, to see if they will work for us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by