What do you know about chemtrails?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by the Pollo Loco, Sep 27, 2011.

1. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    all day today both santa clara, santa cruz, and monterey area there seemed to be many of these trails in the sky... read a little about them on the net. Have you experienced any in your area? [​IMG]

2. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    You mean vapor trails or contrails from airliners? The majority are caused by the wings causing the air to drop in pressure and increase in speed, and causes the moisture to freeze. This is what you are seeing. The frozen vapor. After all, most airliners are flying at 30,000ft or above, where it's already -40 degrees.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    contrails...or condensation trails.

I saw them from every high flying airplane in Alaska, at various times of the year in Germany, New York and Minnesota, and almost never here in Texas. The thing is Texas is that the air is so much warmer that you just don't see them. There is also less moisture in the atmosphere.

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I know people have been talking about chemtrails for years now. And in all that time no one has published the results of any testing they've done of what chemicals are supposed to be in them that THEY added for some nefarious, covert purpose.

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:Wish they'd quit it. [​IMG] We used to have almost all clear, sunny days here, but for a long time now often the sky becomes engulfed with ever expanding plumes of "whatever it is" coming from the planes, and it lasts all day, blocking the sunshine and making for very hazy days. The trails from planes used to vanish almost immediately. Not so these.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yeah so I'm thinking more than half the people likely are going to say "chemtrails are made up by conspiracy nuts" But honestly, there is a difference between what they call chemtrails and the normal trails out there that dissipate in good time. And yes, I've seen both kinds in the SAME sky, same region of the sky, meaning it has nothing to do with condensation, or crystalizing wator vapor, or differing temperatures, or whatever. . .

I'm not saying they're true, that it is purposeful poisoning or whatever, but they are indeed different, and I'm sorry - I've had countless times where what looks to be a normal commercial airliner comes overhead, leaves a trail that lasts for over an hour, but this isn't just a normal trail - It's a complete circle drawn over a couple times, or a figure 8 drawn over twice. I really don't know what it means or if it means anything, I just know that our commercial flights certainly don't do that. [​IMG]

And yes, there have been increasing aluminum concentrations on the ground/in trees in areas with high air-traffic. But who knows, maybe that's nothing - But I do know that when I lived in Utah, after a good heavy day of air-traffic, we often get the weirdest hydrophobic gunk on our trampoline, and boy it's gross, gooey, and doesn't come off with a simple hose down.

We did have lots of bug sprayers and crop dusters and the sort, but this stuff appeared when that wasn't going on.

7. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    The President's Science Chief, John Holdren, had some very interesting things to say...

J. Scott Applewhite / AP
    Washington

"....At first, Holdren characterized the potential need to technologically tinker with the climate as just his personal view. However, he went on to say he has raised it in administration discussions.

"We're talking about all these issues in the White House," Holdren said. "There's a very vigorous process going on of discussing all the options for addressing the energy climate challenge."

Holdren said discussions include Cabinet officials and heads of sub-Cabinet level agencies, such as NASA and the Environmental Protection Agency.

John Holdren The 65-year-old physicist is far from alone in taking geoengineering seriously. The National Academy of Sciences is making it the subject of the first workshop in its new climate challenges program for policymakers, scientists and the public. The British Parliament has also discussed the idea. At an international meeting of climate scientists last month in Copenhagen, 15 talks dealt with different aspects of geoengineering.

The American Meteorological Society is crafting a policy statement that says "it is prudent to consider geoengineering's potential, to understand its limits and to avoid rash deployment."

Holdren, a 1981 winner of a MacArthur Foundation "genius" grant, outlined these possible geoengineering options:

•Shooting sulfur particles (like those produced by power plants and volcanoes, for example) into the upper atmosphere, an idea that gained steam when it was proposed by Nobel laureate Paul Crutzen in 2006. It would be "basically mimicking the effect of volcanoes in screening out the incoming sunlight," Holdren said...."

Entire article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30112396/ns/us_news-environment/t/obamas-science-chief-eyes-drastic-climate-steps/

...which
    he later denied in a NYT interview: http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/science-adviser-lists-goals-on-climate-energy/.

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    So, where is the evidence?

There are labs across the country that can analyze air samples. All you have to do is pay them then follow their directions for how to take the samples. They'll give you the results. Should even be able to give you an idea of what is normal for the area and the time of year.

What's lacking in all this chemtrail business is evidence. Clear, credible evidence. Until then it is just stuff made up by conspiracy nuts.

9. dewey

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Regardless of what they are made of or what folks choose to call them, they sure do ugly up the sky and sometimes totally block out the sun on what would otherwise be beautiful, clear, sunny days. Living in a city that should have 200+ sunny days a year I guess we can get fussy [​IMG] about losing a large portion of our sunshine. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  10. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Quote:this is exactly like i see it. and guess what there's more today... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by