1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do you like most about your chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenGurl15, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ChickenGurl15

ChickenGurl15 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2015
    Bailey, Colorado.
    Hey Everybody! What do you like most about your spunky chickens, or just chickens in general? Go ahead and share you thoughts with everyone!
    [​IMG]

2. Rusty Duck

Rusty Duck New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    Amador County, California
    I love that I can sit outside with my chickens & they 'ground' me again, especially after a stressful day. They make me laugh...51 total, all types, with 5 Roos (good Roo 'blend', 2 bantams, 2 std size, & 1 huge blue Orpington); they cluster around me for treats (free range all day, but know I usually have lettuce or shredded cheese).
    Bottom line, I find myself a peaceful end to the workday with my very entertaining chickens.

3. FourteenChicks

FourteenChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

The fact that they only listen to me[​IMG] and are always friendly with me (my sister hates them so much)

4. ChickenGurl15

Feb 11, 2015
    Bailey, Colorado.
    Same. sister isn't a fan of chickens :(
    I love how they have their own personality, and its hilarious when they all run after a bug or feather all at once, and then fight over it, LOL.
    [​IMG]

5. ChickenGurl15

Feb 11, 2015
    Bailey, Colorado.
    Lol, that's adorable!

6. FourteenChicks

Yes! And I love how one if my roosters act like all gentleman-ly and doesn't eat until his girls are cared for :3 !

7. ChickenGurl15

Feb 11, 2015
    Bailey, Colorado.
    Thats a real man [​IMG]

8. Rusty Duck

Rusty Duck New Egg

Feb 9, 2015
    Amador County, California
    And how those tricky roosters pretend to have a treat just to get a hen 'close enough' to pounce!

9. FourteenChicks

Can't say the same for the other one, he grabs a mouthful of food and runs for it!

10. ChickenGurl15

Feb 11, 2015
    Bailey, Colorado.
    Omg, yes, lol. Roo's are special lil characters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by