What do you love most about chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chickencoop789, Feb 20, 2014.

1. chickencoop789

chickencoop789 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    I love how chickens are always living in the moment. Its always as good as it gets.
    So what do you love about chickens?

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I love how each chicken has their own personality! It's so much fun to watch each one grow and develop into their own unique self! I love so much about chickens it's hard to pick just one point but I really enjoy their unique little personality. Each one is different. It's truly amazing! I just love each one so much! They are all little gifts from God. They bring so much pure joy into my life!!

3. northernroots

northernroots New Egg

Feb 8, 2014
    Alaska
    I love the practicality of keeping chickens. They are great catalysts for the compost, fantastic pest controllers, producers of nutrient dense eggs, and the ideal entertainers!

4. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    My favorite aspect of owning chickens is what they give me back in return. Ever since I was young, I had poultry of some type or another- and each bird becomes special to me, regardless if they have names. When I give them food, water, shelter and time to free-range, they give me back eggs, entertainment, and acceptance. Even when I've been gone for months, my ladies still recognise me, and run to gather around my feet.
    When you have a special bird, or 20, who are always happy to see you, it brightens up my day. One of my hens who I've had since she was a chick can't resist running up to me and hopping on my lap, even when I don't have food for her.
    Its the animal-human bond that I love most- they need us, and we need them- else, how can we live?

5. DLV58

DLV58 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Nebraska
    The girls are always good for a laugh and a meal[​IMG]

6. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    For me, watching them forage is so relaxing to me. Their scratching and soft clucks are kinda like listening to a stream running or wind through the leaves. It's just natural and relaxing.

7. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    No matter what stupid thing I do, my girls are always there for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by