What do you love most about your dog(s)/favorite pet?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by thebritt, Apr 8, 2011.

1. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    I've been wanting to start this thread for awhile.
    I absolutely love the way my terrier/cocker mix, Solomon, wags his tail back and forth with such exhuberance that he has dents in his fur on both sides of his hips! He'll just be standing, looking around at stuff, with his tail in full swing - for no apparent reason.
    He sometimes sits up on his haunches to look out the window while I'm driving - it's really cute!
    He also JUMPS really big jumps - straight up in the air when he's happy, or when I say' "Boing!", which is pretty often [​IMG]

What do yours do that just make you smile every time?

2. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    I have an three labs and I just love when they stand at the door and listen and cock their head to the side with their ears all perked up. It is too cute!!! My youngest lab Goldie goes nutso if you rub her butt or hips. She will move in whatever direction you are touching so if I do it just right I can get her to shake her booty!!!!

3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    My dobe will stand and drop his head and give you his eyes, but make sure you can see his nub going a million miles a minute when he wants something. And his first thing in the morning crawl across the floor.

My greyhound girl will, after 10 years of the same routine, still get crazy excited to go for a walk or a ride. For how many years we'd do at least 2 walks a day, rain/shine/sleet/snow/etc and every single time, she'd go nuts when you asked if she wanted to go for a walk or touched her leash. She can know you've touched a leash from another room from a dead sleep and comes running. Glad that she still shows that excitement at 12 years old! And now, every night around 7 or so, she wants a chewie stick. And she will let you know what time it is and dance and sing and play bow and do anything else to get your attention until you give in and get her a chewie or a snack.

The ducks - they are ducks, they just make me laugh. They discovered the garden after I watered this morning. Two were playing in the water and 1 discovered fresh shoots of baby bok choy and yanked a few seedlings out before I shooed them out and put the fence back up. They are uber excited to play in the rain or the sprinkler. They come running anytime I walk out the door with a dish in my hands. They chase the doberman. Their pool antics. Their attempts to fly (and Blue's crash landings, which lead to rides off the deck for while until she stopped trying to fly). Their glee at bug chasing. Pretty much everything but their pooping LOL

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I currently have four cats and the world's best dog (meaning no offense to anyone else's world's best dog [​IMG]) but the thing I love the very most of all is when my big puffy orange cat Mo stomps across me in the bed at night and lies down on my head with his paws draped all over my face and his chin in my ear.

Er, rereading that... maybe you have to be there [​IMG]

But, seriously.

Pat

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I love the way my big kitty stays right by me purring and gently hugging around my neck and ever so softly reaching out with his paw to touch my face when I'm not feeling well. He never left my side during treatment or recovery from all the surgeries. [​IMG]

6. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Oh, solomon also does the "body dragging" thing. He'll drag his body accross the whole room and make an "Arrrrr" noise. My friends say that he's doing it for another reason [​IMG] - but he lifts that part of his body off the ground, so I'm sure that's not it! [​IMG]

7. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I also love how my dog can "play the drums" by thumping her front feet on the floor 50 times in like 2 seconds, and fills her mouth with and carries 6-8 pieces of food in her tiny little mouth when she wants to have a picnic by mom. She plays the drums to announce she's proclaimed it "picnic time", lol.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  8. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    My 150 lb GP gets a wild hair up his butt every morning after breakfast, and does the whole "play-bow" grab a toy and toss it routine. It's so funny to see this giant dog act so puppy-like and silly! [​IMG]

10. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    My little dog Jazmine is a chihuahua/pug mix and her little curly tail looks like a rattle snake to me when she gets really happy and the tail gets going! Makes me laugh, she so cute! I love that she keeps me company during the day while all the kids are in school and hubbies at work and is so friendly and sweet to everyone. I waited a long time to get a dog and she was worth it! She has face only a mother could love:yaEdited to add pic:)[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by