What do you pay for feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by twincreekfarm, Nov 30, 2007.

1. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    I live in SW Ohio and found a feed store that sells quality feed for cheap! The starter/grower is medicated, they have 2 different layer (% of protein is different) and scratch.

I pay $8.50 for a 50# bag of layer

I pay $10.30 for a 50# bag of starter grower

They have 4# bags of black oil sunflower seeds for $2

I love this little place! It's that old hometown service.

Anyone local it's called Quality Feed in Troy, OH.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Wow, those are great prices! I just looked it up on the map....2 hrs one way for me. Unless I was buying several hundred pounds at a time....wouldnt be worth it with these gas prices. Thanks for posting tho!!

3. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Great prices! Check this thread out. It's amazing the differences everywhere.

· POLL: How much do you pay for a 50# bag of feed??? by arwmommy [ 1 2 3 … 14 ]

4. justnewhere

justnewhere New Egg

Nov 25, 2007
    Where can i get local feed in Mass???????

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Mine just went up to $10.95 a 50# bag. I am buying 6 to 8 bags at a time for all these rescues I have.

Anyone need some pet ducks? [​IMG]

6. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    I live in SE ohio. We were getting Honor layer from a co-op and it was $11 for 50#. Now we get it from Farmer's Feed and Supply and it is about $8.50 for a 50# bag! It is a Bobwhite feed. Plus the feed is in small pellets in stead of mash so they waste less.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by