What do you prefer - Taken or livin' the single life?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I heard this question on the radio and some people had called in with interesting replies. Now I want to hear yours! So what do you prefer? The freedom of being single, or the taken/dating/married life?

2. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Definitely Taken!
    Lol I couldn't see myself without my GF [​IMG]

3. mikenandrea

mikenandrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Douglas, GA
    ok.. as the famous movie line goes "you complete me".. This is how I feel about my husband. I dont know how I ever lived without him.. He is my heart!!

So my answer would be defintely TAKEN!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My life before Ken was empty. I wouldn't trade my life him for ANYTHING.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I like being taken..(right now anyways..) [​IMG]

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    taken. Being single sucked. Every date with a new prospect was scary. Most of them never stacked up to what I was looking for.. When I met my Kelly, I only prayed I stacked up to what she was looking for. It's been 4-5 years now [​IMG]

7. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    looking like everyone likes being partnered.

Personally I love my bf and couldnt see myself without him. I have a tendancy to over analyse things and get paranoid about peoples reactions towards me, which leads to a horrid downward sprialling. Knowing I have such a trustworthy BF balances my crazy so very well [​IMG]

No amount of freedom is worth losing that stability

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'll be the odd 'man' out [​IMG] Well, in a way I guess.

When I was 'taken' I enjoyed it (except for my marriage...but we won't get into THAT!). But since I am now not taken, and tired of looking for Mr. Perfect, I'll enjoy being single. It's either that or be miserable and single, cause I'm not ever getting married again, and a boyfriend is not a very appealing prospect either. [​IMG]

9. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

42 years with the same fella, and no matter how many bad, sad times we have had, I wouldn't trade him for the world. He really is a cut above the rest. If anything happens to him, no way would I hook up with another man. I would just get more Alpacas, and ducks, and goats and chickens, and peacocks, and . . . .

10. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    I am single and can't imagine life any other way. I have been married twice and I hated it. I like not being accountable to anyone. I like making my own decisions. I like not having to take care of a man.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by