What do you say to a dying friend?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickensioux, Jun 30, 2011.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I have never had a very dear friend pass away before. I'm afraid to say it is our beloved BYC friend, The Old Rebel. Breast cancer is ravaging her body and she hasn't got long left. I am more devastated that I can explain. My one and only true friend. We share so much in common. What do I say? I cannot stop crying long enough to face her.......

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I can feel your pain through your words..
    I'm just so very sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. classicsredone

classicsredone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Sacramento County, CA
    I lost a friend this past year to brain cancer. One of the best things that you can say is just "I'm sorry." Let her know how much you love her talk about all the happy memories. I know it is hard, but don't let it wait.

4. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I am so sorry to hear this news. I agree with classicsredone. So very sorry. [​IMG]

5. ChickiePieGirl

ChickiePieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    Tell her how much your friendship means to you, and how sorry you are that this is happening to her. Tell he she is strong and brave, and you are proud of her. Don't wait to tell her. She will understand if you cry.

6. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    I can be the most precious visit ever .. I pray you find the strength..

[​IMG]

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Tell her how much you love her and how much her friendship has meant to you.

8. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    I am so sorry for what you and your friend are going through. I hope she's not in any pain and that she can find comfort in your love and friendship. I had a brother that died 2 yrs ago of a brain tumor and the best times were remembering all the happiness and great times. Celebrate her and your lives together and let her know just how much you love her. Don't wait to say what you want to say..She's blessed to have a friend like you.!

9. carolinagirl58

carolinagirl58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Lugoff, SC
    My best friend died of Multiple Myleoma a few years back. I was with her when she died, holding her hand. Just tell her how much her friendship has meant to you and that you will be there for her until the end. Talk about old times and things you did together. Tell her what an impact her live has had on people around her. Let her cry on your shoulder and you can cry on hers too.

10. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    What do you say?

"I love you"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by