What do you see in Easter eggers? (Hater here)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Druantai, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Druantai

Druantai Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I really dislike the breed. Outside of color eggs, they're not fun to be around. I've had about 10 different eggers and they all had horrible personalities, they were not even sweet. So I ate them.

2. WestVermont

WestVermont Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2012
    Bennington, Vermont
    I bought mine to put a little spice in my egg colors...lol thought it would be fun for my little ones! Other than that I have no issues adding a little spice to them and making them a meal.... most of my chickens no matter what breed is named after a meal... ie Alfredo, Noodle and so on!

3. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I like EE's and Araucana's because of course their eggs but also they usually are very pretty and have the cutest puffy cheeks. The ones I have are perfectly nice.

4. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    My EEs are the nices chickens I have

5. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with you I think most EE's are acutally ugly kind of creepy looking birds. But, I did just order 3 for a couple reasons 1) I have young kids who are going to flip over colored eggs and 2) I plan on setting some of my own eggs and the obviously different eggs will be easy to just go ahead and eat instead of trying to figure who went to what and this way I can have some variety in my flock with out getting a bunch of mutt birds...so 3 mutts instead of 12 haha

ETA:

Not all are creepy just the really game colored ones...I have seen pictures of white and gray and they seem lovely but that isn't usually what you get from hatcheries anyway.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. Druantai

Sep 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Is there a way I can upload a 2 minute video from phone onto the forum

7. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

you can insert video clips with the film reel icon thing......what are you showing us? I am intrigued (sp?)

8. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

I like Easter Eggers because they're easier to attain and cheaper than other blue-egg-laying breeds... yet you still get at least green and sometimes blue eggs. Most of mine are flighty and the boys don't tend to fill out in time to make a good-looking carcass even at 4 months, but when you do get a really sweet beautiful pullet who lays you blue eggs, you've got to feel lucky knowing what you could have been stuck with [​IMG]

9. Druantai

Sep 2, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Hey again. I have two easter egg chicks, about a month old. Caught her mid yawn, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. rubycanyon

rubycanyon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Our EE is the most social and sweet bird. She loves to sit on our arm, shoulder, head... etc to get petted and loved. Did you get yours from Olsen's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by