What do you think a mille fleur d'uccle x blue copper marans cross would look like?

Calix

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
My blue copper hen was taken by a hawk Saturday afternoon, and if I can get one of my hens to set again I'm thinking about hatching her remaining eggs. Now, the most likely father would be my bantam mille fleur rooster. According to the chicken calculator (http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html?mgt=E:e%5Eb/e%5Eb,Co:Co/Co,Mo:mo/mo&fgt=E:E/E,Bl:Bl/bl+,S:S/(S)) they would be either self blue or self black, and carry the gene for mille fleur. What it couldn't tell me was feathering, tail shape, size, leg feathering/beard situation, etc. Does anyone here have any ideas (or even pictures?)

Last edited:
I have this very combination. My small Mille de Fleur d‘Uccle rooster breeds with all of my larger sized hens as his aggressive style overcomes their submissive style and they accomplish the goal. He was able to give us another gorgeous rooster by breeding with our Buff Orpington. The combo is striking. Right now I realized we have a Copper Blue Maran chick from him that has carried on his smaller stature - sex TBD as it’s only 7 weeks old. We also have a Legbar hen that carried on his small genes - this is the sister of our gorgeous rooster of normal size. From both the D’Uccle and the Orpington-mixed rooster, we have hatched a lot of chicks this spring, so we will see in the next few weeks what characteristics they end up with.

Back
Top Bottom