1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what do you think about the doors?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Medicine Man, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Medicine Man

Medicine Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2010
    Apple Hill
    I just couldn't dig it...

[​IMG]

Maybe I'll try again some day.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Never was a big fan of The Doors.

When I was a little girl, I hated that song "Riders On The Storm". It gave me the creeps. I remember hiding under the blankets when it came on the radio. To this day, I get a little chill when I hear that song for some reason.

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Worst blind date ever. guy was old enough to be my dad (in '98) and thought the doors was cool, the whole night i spent dodging advances to jim morrison. Can't seperate the two in my mind now.

4. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I have always liked the Doors. Child of hippies, what can I say? [​IMG]

5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    They are one of those bands I should like, but never could get into.

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I guess I'm in the minority here. Huge fan.

7. Lisa202

Lisa202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Long Island NY
    Quote:me too. Peace Frog...favorite

8. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Yay, I finally agree with someone on this!!!! I can't stand to hear them. Jim Morrison sings about as well as the Crash Test Dummies. I was a hippie, and hated them. Bot of my kids, born in the '80's, love them. I think they were a fashion more than a serious group. Like Grateful Dead. Folks just mostly liked the dope and the Tshirts.

9. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    I never did drugs although I was a child of the 60's. I really liked the Doors, Steppenwolf, and Credence. Tina, without Ike, was great. But then, I really liked Petula Clark too. Who can explain it.

10. Oldfort_mailman

Oldfort_mailman "The Fortfather"

Jul 19, 2011
    cleveland tennessee
    One thing you have to give Jim Morrison credit for: he was one of the few people to stand up to a very powerful at the time Ed Sullivan Show. They told him to change the lyrics in Light My Fire from "girl we couldnt get much higher" to "girl we couldnt get much better" and he went out and sang it the way he wrote it. They told him he was finished in music and would never play the Ed Sullivan Show again. This was in a time when even the Beatles kissed old Edwardo's derrier for tv time. I personally dont care that much for their music but I admire when someone stands up against abuse of power. This is has been your byc useless information moment with oldfort mailman.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by