What do you think - Americauna Roosters?

teach619

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 20, 2012
Prince William County, VA
Someone is selling these three roosters - and says they are Americauna... After my first attempt at getting Americauna chickens and finding out that 5 of the 8 were males and none were really Americauna - I wanted to get some thoughts BEFORE I decided to buy one...

These are the only pictures she could send...

(No pressure to say what I want to hear because the lady only just now told me where she's located - which is a pretty far drive from me...)

Yeah... I didn't think they were Americauna - especially when she made a comment about how she learned that Americauna's were a mixed breed of different things. You all taught me that EEs were the mixes, but I thought maybe (somehow) they were A's and she just had her info wrong and I was looking at the wrong samples/pictures online :)

lol gotta love hatcheriers for this mis information on the breed, and the araucana breed. I see it all the time on my criagslist and flock swaps/ chicken auctions. 99% are ees, but some do have true amerucanas and araucanas. My mom has all 3 of them, and most the time the ees lay the darker colored eggs. And the araucanas are very hard to hatch out chicks

Back
Top Bottom