What do you think- chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BusyBearMama, Mar 16, 2015.

1. BusyBearMama

BusyBearMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    I got these chicks at tsc, that's not something I usually do and it was iffy but they had a definite breed on these little ladies and they seem a little off color wise... Though they might be what they're supposed to be. I've assumed pullets based on the breed I've been told and the wing growth and markings so that's not really a question but feel free to tell me if I'm incorrect. Please guess the breed and if 3 people guess what they're supposed to be lol I will stop second guessing it for now lol, and I'll let you know ;) thanks for any help, I'm probably over thinking this.
    [​IMG]

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like a Production Red (hatchery Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire) to me. It is too young to tell gender.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

4. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    X2

5. BusyBearMama

BusyBearMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    Excellent :) its supposed to be a hatchery New Hampshire red. They're just really dark for new hampshires but I assume then that's a hatchery thing you think? I got them anyway, they're pretty skidding and small, I have bigger younger chicks lol. But watching them grow I got a production red chart to show the kids what's next since I figured that's what they seemed to be. Feel better now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by