what do you think? im excited :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by The Noodle Farm, Jun 30, 2016.

1. The Noodle Farm

The Noodle Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2016
    [​IMG]
    My hubby started building the enclosed run. We can't free range in our area. This should be plenty of room for 2 hens...right? Please share a pic of your runs and what cool purches or rope swings that you have. I am looking for ideas to maximize the space. THANKS ;)

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

that is plenty of space for 2 hens!
    i don't have a picture to show as ours have a 20'x40' run in the country and they have access to a big field, but our 6 chickens first stayed very close to the coop, and they probably would've been fine in a 10'x12' run

3. yochickiemomma

yochickiemomma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Michigan
    That should be plenty If room for two hens. [​IMG]
    This is my coops and run setup before I finished my second coop. total run length is 36 feet by 7.5 feet wide. I just use sticks for perches through the wire holes.

4. The Noodle Farm

Jun 28, 2016
    We thought we were building for 5 but 3 turned out being rooster :/ Thanks for sharing your pics!

5. yochickiemomma

yochickiemomma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Michigan
    NP. I go over kill because I have fox and coon issues. And I love my chickens :)

6. The Noodle Farm

Jun 28, 2016
    We have coons snakes and hawks :/ we are going to put hardware cloth on the bottom 3 feet and along the bottom and cattle wire (I think its called) for the top 3 feet and top

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by