What do you think? male female

Cindilou

Songster
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Largo, FL
So, we asked for 2 female buff orpingtons and I think they are actually one male golden comet and one female golden comet. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

This is chicken boo which I think is female about 2 months old:
75040_chickenboo.jpg

75040_chickenboo1.jpg

This is Buffy2.0 (this first Buffy was a cannibal and had to go so if this is a boy my daughter will just have to have a 3.0)
75040_buffy2-1.jpg

Backside:
75040_buffy2-2.jpg

side view:
75040_buffy2-3.jpg

How old are they? Definitely not BO's but depending on age....I could see them both being girls. In the pics I can't see enough the way the light is, to see the saddle/hackle feathers so the only thing to go by is the comb. If it is that size and color and the chicken is 4 weeks, then yes, I'd agree its a boy. But if its that size/color and the chicken is 16 weeks, I'd say its a girl.

Hmmmm.....I still don't know. The comb/wattle development is about the same as in my little guy who is a month old today:
38935_img_5281.jpg

His wattles were apparent at 3 weeks old. I'd probably lean towards roo on yours given its only 2 months old....sorry....

Yes, you may just have to give the second one a little more time (could be slow developing), but at this point I don't see anything that screams roo at that age.

Back
Top Bottom