What do you think? Male or Female?

justin&shelley

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 19, 2010
I have these 2 copper black morans and are to both be female but am asking if you can help me to determine. The guy i bought them from said if I have a male he will exchange for a female, if I take one back, I want to be able to pick a female so any ideas as to how I will know when I'm picking will greatly help as well.
Thank you for any assistance.
I think the chick with larger legs and less feathers is a male but if I pick a new chick, is that enough to go on ?

Usually the bigger comb is the cockerel, and the cry baby also. But when they get older you'll notice the comb getting redder
wink.png
I don't know if this is really true but usually the darker the eye is its a female and the lighter is a male, from my experiences.

Last edited:
They already try and flap out of the cage, but in the picture I have the mesh lid off just long enough to get a few snaps.
Thanks for the reply so far, unless I hear anyone with a for sure, on male or female(if a for sure even exists at this point) I will have to wait till I see an egg or hear a doodle do.

how old are your birds? I am going to say they both look like cockrels too. I had a hard time with my BCM too, and posted lots of pictures. This is one of my girls...she is more feathered than the birds in your photos, so I am guessing she is slightly older...look how small and pale her comb is compared to yours.

Back
Top Bottom