What do you think of converting this to a coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Angelic Vampyre, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Angelic Vampyre

Angelic Vampyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
  2. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I think I could build a highrise condo for 100 chickens for that kind of $$$$$. Just looks and sounds a little to over the top.

AL

3. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    if you are looking for a ready built one, or something you are planning on converting anyway....check on Craigslist for sheds or storage buildings. I see then on there all the time...

4. Rillion

Rillion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    May I recommend this or this as cheaper alternatives? I saw the second one while shopping at Sam's today and instantly thought "Oh my, that would make an awesome coop!"

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  5. Angelic Vampyre

Aug 24, 2009
    Thanks guys, I should have mentioned that I am in Australia and most chicken tactors cost about $500 pre fab coops (small ones that that) start at $350 on ebay and I don't like the look of them. I found another group that has the same size fr $650 which is a little nicer and includes a floor (always a good thing) I keep seeing the coops you are getting over there in the USA or in the UK and I so want to move back!

6. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    "the super cheap coop THEY ARE HERE "

look at that post..

7. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    everything else BST..... i wish i knew how to copy and paste or make a link.....

8. Angelic Vampyre

Aug 24, 2009
    Quote:Those coops over here retail start at $899 you can find them on ebay for approx $300 but I might end up with 4 large girls and one small one so I want to make sure that they will all fit.

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Check your hardware stores for children's playhouse's . I got one last year that was $400 marked down at the end of summer to $80! It's worked out great and I couldnt have bought the materials for that price.

Good luck!

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Things in Australia are so much more expensive. My sister in law, Marlis, lives in Australia and I couldn't believe the prices of things there!! She's used to it though, she's lived there for 30 years but wow! I couldn't believe it when she told me some prices of things.

Good luck finding a nice coop for your chickens! Whatever you decide, I'm sure they'll love it!!

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by