What do you think of it so far?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eggsrcool, Sep 21, 2009.

1. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

I'm pretty pleased with myself. The thermostat is on order, ill be getting a light bulb and lamp etc.. sometime during the week. I thought I would share some pics of it so far. The eggs in there are fake eggs, that I went to get from the chickens, and are quite mucky. It is a styrofoam incubator and its easy to access to fill the water and you can turn the eggs without even having to open the 'bator [​IMG]

Pics:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will be forced air, so I will be wiring up the fan soon. Thank you [​IMG]

2. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Looks good! I made one a lot like this, and hatched out a bunch of quail in it. [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

3. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    A few questions:

- Do you have any heat sinks?
    - What is the lid made of? Looks almost like plastic wrap from the photo. [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

What are heat sinks [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm going to be replacing the lid so its made of a pexiglass or something similar, at the moment it has cling film on it, just so it looks better for the photo shoot [​IMG]

5. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:LOL!

Emilys3guppies described heat sinks best... no idea where her post is, unfortunately. Basically, they reduce temperature variations/swings. You can use a rock, a brick, or baby food containers of sand, among many other things.

~Cherlyn

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Jars (with lids) filled with water or ziploc baggies with water work as well, basically anything with water or sand in them to help hold the heat. Bricks work too.

7. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Thanks! Do I just put it in the incubator (the brick, jar of sand etc...)?

8. Cherlyn

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Yuppers!

~Cherlyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by