what do you think of my bird... black copper marans... please be truthful

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by geebs, Jan 28, 2012.

1. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG]Here is a bird I recieved a couple years ago... thought I would give everyone a chance to critique him...He is wet... This is the type of stock you would get when you would order from one of the very few breeders that had them... The kind you just waste your money on... What do you guys think.. this is a buyer beware situation

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Ummm, pretty eyes there, geebs. [​IMG]

3. geebs

Sep 28, 2008
    [​IMG]REALLY... pretty eyes... ya... like SATAN!!! he was as mean too!!!! A real killer that one.. just ran across the pictures and ppl were talking on the marans thread about buyer beware.. thought I would throw out this little gem...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  4. culler

culler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    geebs, The comb and ear lobes appear to be really nice, Is this your foundation male ?

5. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    wow, what an ugly bird. It makes my eyes hurt. This is the antithesis of "A bird whose balance fills the eye.".
    Groan,
    Karen

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Soup rooster.

7. geebs

Sep 28, 2008
    geebs

Quote:

[​IMG]
    I hope what you mean by foundation is concrete b'cuz.. that is the only thing I found redeaming... was his ability to fill a small hole... (he would make a soup taste mean) [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Had a side sprig, too, huh? Definitely not the best looking one I've ever seen. Nice eyes, LOL. Even the best looking rooster is ugly to me if he's mean.

9. geebs

Sep 28, 2008
    Oh that is a crown comb...Not just any side sprig... It is a prolific problem in marans...If you get it in your flock...It will show up agian and agina... No this would not make a good foundation for anyones marans stock.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

A crown comb? Haven't heard that term. Looks like a plain old side sprig in the picture.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by