What do you think of the 1602N Hova-bator incubator over the LG bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bock_Bock, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    i was going to buy the little giant incubator but opted out and bought the 1602N hova-bator. i was jw if this was a good or bad thing and looking for all revies for the 1602n please good or bad let me know if this was a good or bad thing thanks

2. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    i have the 1602N hova-bator. its my first time hatching and they are on day 14. so far i love it.

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    first off [​IMG] and i would love to be kept updated on this hatch you have going did you open a thread to keep people posted on how its going people love to read those type of threads including me as soon as i get my bator i am going to keep a day to day log on here for that stuff i cant wait but please keep me in touch with how good a hatch you got on this bator and also does the temp and humidity stay regular preatty good with this batoe or does it jump up or down every once in a while thanks

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have the Hova as the bator and LG as the hatcher. I love it this way and I think the Hova does better as the bator.

5. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I dont have any personal experience with the LG's, but from what I read, those who have LG and Hova's - much prefer the Hovas. I have had my Hovabator for several years now and I'd buy another one.

6. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    We have an LG and a hova bator and we had a brower top hatch.....just sold that one...
    We love Hova bators...

WE use the LG for our "hatcher"[​IMG]

7. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    bye hatcher you mean you put the eggs in there for the last 3 days or so

8. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    You will find that someone that uses the LG will say it is the way to go. And the person with the Hova will say it is the best. My way of thinking is, it is what you get use to. If you learn all the little tricks of one, that is the one that works for you. I have been using L G's for so long now, I would hate to try any other. A friend feels the same way about his 1588. Which is better a Chevy or a Ford? Once you learn to use whichever you buy the correct way, that is the one that you will like the best. I would like to back up a step, there are a few cabinet bators I would like to use. I will if I start hatchin 1000's of eggs at a time again. For now I will load up my LG's and hatch out a few 100 per week.

9. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    IMHO, I had an LG. I fried gorgeous eggs from pasofina. I then chunked it and got a Genesis --- I absolutely love the thing. Temps stay steady, steady so far ....

<jumps up to make sure her eggs are cursed now>

10. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    ok thnaks so much i will be sure to post how everything goes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by