What do you think of the egg? Pics included..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cdnley, May 12, 2011.

1. cdnley

cdnley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    So I have one egg which I am incubating. We are on day 29 now. The egg is from a rouen and blue swedish. I have been having an issue with the temps dropping at night so having a bit of a longer incubation period is normal for that right?
    Here is the egg.

This morning I noticed a dark spot on egg shell. It has a bit of a ring around it too. There is no smell from the incubator and as far as I know the egg is still good. What is this?

[​IMG]

Here is a pic with the air sac. The air sac does look a bit different today as it is more patchy looking (if that makes sense). There is no pipping yet, or peeping, nor can I see the egg moving..although it is in a shock absorbant sort of material that wouldn't really show subtle movements.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

2. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    Hi

The dark spot leads me to think of a ?patch of bacteria in the egg. However your picture is a little vague of the air cell but you state it looks hazy. Does the hazy areas resemble shadows and are they moving. If you hold the egg to your ear (aircell end) can you hear a regular faint clicking sound?

Pete [​IMG]

3. cdnley

cdnley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    Quote:Thanks. It doesn't smell though? It also just appeared yesterday. The air cell is not hazy, I checked again. There is no faint clicking sound either. I am not sure what is happening. I hope for the best though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by