1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What do you think of this car?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Scoop, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Nice [​IMG] I love it

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    ok from the outside but the real truth comes out when my dh puts in on the rack! If you are considering buying it please have a mechanic look it over!

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Depends what you are looking for. It's a sweet ride for weekend drives, but if you are looking for a daily driver I would not look there. It's likely a gas hog, unsafe by today's safety standards and going to need constant care and maintenance to keep it on the road.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I am curious how it is unsafe by today's standards? It may not have an airbag, but it weighs as much as a full size truck which minimizes collision related injury... as far as it being a gas hog [​IMG] I drive a 15 passenger van with a v10 that gets about 12 mpg so......... To each his own [​IMG]

I haven't seen one of those cars in that kind of shape for a good 10 years or more.

6. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    COOL! what is it?? we have a 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix that is completly restored... well ok its hubbys.. BUT its a goregeous car!

7. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    If it passes a MVI its fine ...even better IT IS METAL...thats safe enough for me!

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Is that a Cordoba?

[​IMG]

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Quote:I am curious how it is unsafe by today's standards? It may not have an airbag, but it weighs as much as a full size truck which minimizes collision related injury... as far as it being a gas hog [​IMG] I drive a 15 passenger van with a v10 that gets about 12 mpg so......... To each his own [​IMG]

I haven't seen one of those cars in that kind of shape for a good 10 years or more.

x100
    I'd rather be in one of those in a head on than one of these newfangled plasic jobs any day. Especially those smart cars... Death in a box IMHO.

10. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)

x100
    I'd rather be in one of those in a head on than one of these newfangled plasic jobs any day. Especially those smart cars... Death in a box IMHO.

I too like the steel but I would advise you that since the 90's (I think) the cars have been designed to drop the front in in a collision where the older cars are not so safety equiped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by