What do you think of this Coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bleenie, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My mom built this coop and wants to sell it. I think it'd be a nice coop for someone in the city or that only has a few pet chickens.

It's obviously a small coop (she only has a few pet bantams). It is about 2' x 3' and a total of 4' 7" tall. here are some of the "features" it has...

Cute paint job
    Insulated Walls
    Linoleum flooring
    Nesting box with hinged roof (2 nests)
    Rear vent/window
    Chicken ramp
    Interior Roost
    It also has area underneath to hang the feeder.

We've had it listed for $125 but no hits yet. What do you think of it and what would YOU pay for it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    It's cute but I wouldn't pay that much for it.

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Does it have a large door on the other side that we can't see? It's really cute. Give it some time, I'm sure she'll be able to sell it for 125! Have you SEEN some of the prices on CL for coops? sheesh! 125 is a steal!

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

That's why i am asking what you guys would pay for it. She wants to sell it soon so we want to price it right.

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

That's one thing she regrets, She didn't add a cleaning door for it but with the nest box access & the front door wiht linoleum floor, i told her it would be pretty easy to clean, even without a large access door....I guess she had some troubles working with the pre-fab insulated wall pieces ... They're about an inch thick so that's why the inside turned out a little smaller than she had hoped for.

Quote:

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

That's a good price for that coop.

7. moetrout

moetrout Songster

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    That seems like a fair price to me, but I will tell you I never pay full price for anything off of CL. Maybe put it up for $140-150 obo and expect to get $125? Just a suggestion or put "firm"after the price so you don't get guys like me responding with will you take $100.

8. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Around here, coops that size go for around $200. I bet it's the lack of a large door that's keeping it from selling...I wouldn't buy one without a big door.

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Here are a few more pictures of the back so you can see the vent/window and the inside a little bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

It is listed for $125obo. I am sure she would take a little less for it, she's just trying to make back most of the money for hardware, paint and time of course. her roomate is a construction worker so he always brings home a lot of extras for her to build stuff with so the wood didn't cost her a thing.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by