What do you think of this Coop?

I have the same coop actually. You can gauge the size by the gallon water bucket on the side seen in the picture.
You will have to add bottom protection if you want to keep things from digging under. We did and it was easy to do. We also added another roosting bar in the top part because well the small one in there our four girls would be fighting over it, that was another easy project. We also did replace all the latches on the coop, it came with the easy bar latches so we now have hasp with clips on each of them, one to keep my kids out easier and two racoons around here are too smart Ive been hearing from other chicken owners.
All in all it is a good starter for a small amount of birds. We have four thats all.

I have the same coop actually. You can gauge the size by the gallon water bucket on the side seen in the picture.
You will have to add bottom protection if you want to keep things from digging under. We did and it was easy to do. We also added another roosting bar in the top part because well the small one in there our four girls would be fighting over it, that was another easy project. We also did replace all the latches on the coop, it came with the easy bar latches so we now have hasp with clips on each of them, one to keep my kids out easier and two racoons around here are too smart Ive been hearing from other chicken owners.
All in all it is a good starter for a small amount of birds. We have four thats all.

Thank you for the info. what did you do for the bottom, some chicken wire? Do you have any inside pics my chance? Thanks again

They both look nice, seems to be made of weather resitant materials. If you are going to keep more than a couple chickens confined all day then I would say its to small. Unless they can get out and stretch their legs.. I like to build my own coops, It gives me sence of pride even though they never look that good :).

They both look like they would be OK. I guess I am usually unhappy with alot of the prefab coops because of the lack of closable vents and a hard floor. Alot of them use a wire mesh floor and even a slider poop tray. This is just not ideal at all. For the same price you can buy some wood and make a much larger coop. I would make a few mods if I were to buy one of these kits. They would both look great in the backyard! Hope this helps.

I would love to build my own its just no skill lol, I can take the engine out of my jeep and rebuilt it no prob but give me a hammer and nails and im lost lol

Just so you know my coop the roof lid opens on the shorter slanted side. I have a door up top that opens, and two doors down bottom, and the window plus the nesting box all opens. We are making something to go over the window for when its cold or raining but we havent figured that out yet.
The bottom is small square wire we just happen to already have. Its fixed in with slim wood slats over the entire outline and then in the middle overlapping where the wires stopped and new piece began so they wouldnt hurt their feet.
It is a good little coop. We plan to have our girl out in the yard a lot so I wasn't worried about space for them to stretch and things. Our yard is totally fenced in as well.

Back
Top Bottom