What do you think of this egg??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mkhenderson17, Jan 19, 2012.

1. mkhenderson17

mkhenderson17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Ha check out this egg, I found it in my STANDARDS pen. Its weird because all my girls are between 1-2yrs old. on the left is a standard egg, the middle is a bantam egg, and on the right is the crazy small one. lol

[​IMG]
    STANDARD EGG BANTAM TINY EGG
    (prob from my Delaware) (from a D'Uccle) A standard's TINY egg lol

2. Kara515

Kara515 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    Southeast Missouri
    That looks like the same size egg I found in my coop last year! My coop is totally enclosed and covered and my hens had been laying for a couple of years! They are all bantams but this egg was way smaller than their eggs!!The first picture shows the egg with other eggs from my Silkies, Sebrights, Jap Bantams and OEGB and the second picture is of the egg between coins for a better size comparison! I still don't know where it came from! The entire coop is covered with poultry netting so maybe a very little bird flew in??? I can't see the chickens leaving a bird alone long enough to lay an egg though! LOL

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. Smiles-N-Sunshine

Smiles-N-Sunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2008
    Palominas, Arizona
    I think you had a pigeon visit your coop! That, or I'd guess one of your hens just re-started laying and "the works" aren't warmed up yet.

4. chickathon

chickathon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    West Virginia
    I think it's a fart egg. Sometimes they just have the white and no yolk. Or, white and just a little speck of a yolk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by