1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

What do you think of this? Is it bull puckey or not?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Vnctan, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Vnctan

Vnctan Songster

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
  2. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I see one or two nice birds but I don't care for some of the others. keep in mind they might have gotten eggs from hatrick but not all will be top quality show birds. If he is selling hens for 10 they are a pretty good deal. just check the feet and get nice tight wings and dark combs.
    [​IMG]

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Crowing

Jan 14, 2008
    The only place to get HatTrick Silkies is from HatTrick Silkies.
    Even if the seller here bought HatTrick Silkies to begin with once s/he started making the mating decisions they stopped being HatTricks. That said, The birds pictures are so far from looking like HatTrick birds I expect the seller's just name dropping. They look like $10 [or less] Silkies to me.

4. SilkiesAndSuch

SilkiesAndSuch Silkie Daddy

Jan 27, 2010
    Mayo
    I would try and find a breeder nearby. Don't know what you'll get unless you see the bird in person. But $10 for those birds isn't bad in my opinion. But if you are looking for really good birds, they will cost a lot more. My birds cost $15 each at 3 weeks old and those are $10 each and look much older. But I don't know what you are looking for? Good quality, pets? Good luck [​IMG]

5. I agree with everyone else, but I kinda like the bearded male at the right, in the first picture. If that's what he looks like in person, I'd buy him for 10 dollars. But that's just me.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    They may be worth the $10, but I see just a couple that are decent quality.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    As was said, if you want Hattrick birds, purchase directly from them. It is possible the birds have Hattrick in their ancestry, and they are definitely better quality than typical hatchery stock, but none of that makes them Hattrick, as the seller would know if he/she were knowledgeable. At $10 each, some of the birds are a great deal, but as was said, it really depends on what your intentions are.

8. Vnctan

Vnctan Songster

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    I'm looking for breeding/show quality birds. I just saw that ad and figured I would ask wether or not they look like decent Silkies.

9. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Songster

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    I like the one on the right close to the fence in front of the boot. I thought silkie nationals was going to be in CA this year. THAT would be the place to get some good birds. [​IMG]

10. Vnctan

Vnctan Songster

Apr 4, 2010
    Bangor,CA 95914
    Does anyone know when and where that is gonna be held? I'd love to go if I could.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: