What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

Apparently the people that sent him did not get the proper clearance. Poor guy. One reason while I will never travel to countries like Cuba. No offense to those that do. Scary what some countries do to foreigners (and their own people for that matter).

3. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I just cant believe our country cant get him out... :(

4. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Your first sentence is probably about right, Yomama.

USAID is a quango using government funds and headed by officials appointed by the government. It's not the government itself and exporting satellite and communications equipment should have been done with the express agreement of both governments concerned. We have to assume that wasn't done. Also, Gross had been to Cuba several times before and should have known this.

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    We can get him out. If we decide to do it. Our country is too stuck up to have any talk with Cuba so expect some secret seal team 6 operation.

6. yomama

I know. We are capable of invading countries, and taking over, but can't free one of our own. Reminds me of the people that were hiking, and "accidentally" ended up in Iran, or somewhere like that. My understanding is that all they were guilty of was crossing the border. I know that they were finally freed, but sheesh, took forever.

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Scary, really makes ya not want to travel... :/

8. yomama

I know this isn't very pc, and I'm all for getting things done peacefully, but I just think it is so cool when the seals bust in and get the job done.

9. yomama

My husband really wants to go to Mexico. I told him there is no way I will go to a third world country (even though Mexico has alot of Americanized areas). Has absolutely nothing to do with the native people. I think some of the most beautiful people and customs are from third world countries. It is because of two reasons; unpredictable governments, and intestinal parasites!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

So very true... You could end up bringing home a new pet.. :lau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by