What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PotterWatch, Sep 11, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I found this on craigslist today. I emailed about the dimensions of the house part and the person said: it's about 4 ft by 4 ft and about 5 -6 ft tall inside the house. the platform is about 4 ft by 8 ft.

If I were to use it, I think I would have to close in the porch part and make all that area on top one big coop. I would also have to cut a door in one of the sides to give me enough access to clean. So what do you think given the price?

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/835955514.html

2. Hen Daddy

Hen Daddy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Wow. Thats a perfect coop. Wifey would like that one.
    Please dont show it to her!! [​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Oh my goodness... the potential is great. It would make a great little chicken coop, I just wouldn't put more than 3 standard chickens in there.

What a beautiful addition to your yard.

4. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If I enclosed the porch area, making the porch roofline even with the bottom of the house roof, it would end up being a 4x8 coop. I was thinking that would be enough for my 6 girls.

5. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow that would make a great coop...

6. willowtreecreek

willowtreecreek Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    Arkansas
    That is really cool!

7. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I go along with WOW!!!

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    PotterWatch asked:
    If I enclosed the porch area, making the porch roofline even with the bottom of the house roof, it would end up being a 4x8 coop. I was thinking that would be enough for my 6 girls.

Oh yes, that would be a very nice amount of space for six chickens. They'd be very happy in that beautiful coop.

I do hope they don't get to uppity.. having such a nice house and all. [​IMG]

9. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm going to talk to my husband about it tonight when he comes home. Not sure if he will want to spend the money on it or not. Either way, we will have a new coop within a month or so. If we don't get that one, I have plans to build a new one anyway.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am mid-construction and trust me...you will spend more than 350.00 building that, if you buy the materials as opposed to recycling materials. Remind him of that...hehehehehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by