What Do You Think Of " Tom " ??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickie Mamma, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, my white silkie has grown to be such a handsome guy. He is 7-8 months old. We entered him in a local fair for this weekend coming. He just took a bath and was blow-dryed. He is not happy in the pics, but I was just wondering what you guys thought of him?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking [​IMG] Oh, and should I trim the stray feathers from his top knot?

2. dichotomymom

dichotomymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    Dayton Indiana
    Something's eating his face!!!! No, really he's gorgeous:) I don't have any show chickens but one day I might spring for a few

3. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Handsome boy there... [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    What a handsome little snowman! LOL I don't know if you should trim any of his feathers...maybe that would be against the rules? I would google it first. [​IMG]

5. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    He's gorgeous.All my roo's are just mutt's basicly but they are all good bird's.But they are just HUGE!He would make a nice roo for one smokey hen I do have [​IMG].Hope he does well in show ty for saring the pic.

6. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Thanks for the replys! I won't touch his stray feathers, I think they want them in "natural" form. Is it because he is only 7-8 months old that he still has all those stray feathers? I have others that never had those. My daughter has been really wanting to enter the fair this year with one of her birds. I have a female that "was" nicer than him, but had a lesion near her vent that finally healed (others pecking her). We are waiting for her "butt feathers" to grow back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by