What do you think of......

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Guys and Girls being best friends? My best friend of 5 1/2 years is a guy, neither of us have a problem with it, but his cousins (All of which are my really close friends) tease, even my parents do (just jokingly) but my best girl friend ALWAYS teases. She is MUCH older than I am, so she is acting kind of immature. She doesn't do it when both she and he are at my house, THANK GOD, but it still bugs me. She thinks I am ''in love'' with him. I LOVE him, but there is a difference. I love all of my friends, but I'm not IN LOVE with all of my friends... My BFF's cousin was my first BF/BFF. I kinda got my teasing friend off my back for a while by telling her I still have feelings for my first bf, which I think I do, but we live over 900 miles apart now. Of coarse that won't work...

Telling her that, will keep her off the subject for a while, but knowing her, not for long! Every time I say I did something, or spent the day with my best friend, the "Ooh, you LOVE HIM"s come out. That's all the time because we do everything together!!!

UGH! I mean, he's like my friend and brother, maybe more. I'm going to ask him how he feels now, about two years ago, he told me he loves me. my reaction was like pure fear! I was facing away from him when he said it, and it's a good thing cause of the look I'm sure I had on my face, I just said "Uh, ok. Got to go now, BYE!!!" and ran into the house as fast as I could. I kinda blew. I thought! But I think I'm wrong. Idk, I'm going to ask him how he feels. On his b-day, Jan 4th., I'm going to tell him I love him AS A FRIEND. I think it's important to tell people that you love them, but not get too serious about it. What do you guys think about my situation? (Oh, and btw, it drove him crazy when I was his cousin's gf! Lol) How should I deal with my teasing friend? I don't tell my parents this stuff cause they tease, but I trust you guys. I love BYC!

2. Blondiechic

Blondiechic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    my best friend has been a boy since I was 16 and now we are both 40!
    I suspect he had a brief period when he loved me not quite like a friend but he got over it and we didn't ever discuss it - as long as you are clear that you are just friends things should be fine.
    I have and always have had lots of male friends, I believe its healthy - plus, you get to hear their side of things and how they view women!
    As for your friend who is older and teasing you, maybe she does it to amuse herself as you get worked up? Or perhaps she can see that he likes you? If he does, then you need to be aware of it so that you aren't unkind, but he will get over it!
    Boys are great friends, good luck!

3. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I think it's awesome when guys and girls can be best friends, as long as you are both totally honest and up-front with each other about anything more than may or may not develop.
    One of my closest friends is a guy, who recently 'fessed up to harboring a crush on me for several months. I knew this, of course. [​IMG] Now we're almost like brother and sister, in that he has been known to come over to my house for "an hour" and not leave until after dinner, and he will ask me to translate "girl-speak" when having a conflict with his girlfriend. Guys are totally fun to be friends with- generally speaking, they like to DO things. Sitting around talking is all fine and dandy, but when I get the urge to go on a long hike or build a treehouse, or make a movie, my guy friends are my go-to buddies. [​IMG] Plus it can be pretty funny to listen to them talk when you have NO CLUE what they are saying. In my case this is usually when they are talking about explosives... [​IMG]

Now, in your situation, I would hold off telling him that "you love him as a friend." If he said the BIG SCARY L-WORD a few years ago, he might have meant it as more than a friend. If you say "I love you-" he could very well go "YES!! YES!! YESSSSSS!!!" in his head, before you manage to finish your sentence with "... as a friend." And then he will be devastated. Talk to him FIRST.
    You also could do well to have a serious talk with your teasing friend. Just say something along the lines of "Look, I know it seems funny for me to be this close to a guy who I'm not dating, but it really hurts me when you constantly tease me about it. It almost makes me feel like spending time with him is something I have to hide from you, and hiding things will just drive you and I farther apart as friends."
    If she doesn't respect your boundaries, it may be time to be spending less time with her, and more with the guy friend.

4. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Aw, that is cool. Yea, my older friend is kinda bored sometimes. She doesn't think he like me because she's not around him a lot. Thanks!

5. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thank you sooooooo much! Yea, the reason I kinda freaked out was because I don't want to ruin out great relationship that we have. We can talk to each other about ANYTHING. Girl thing, guy things. Anything. I know, It's sooooooo funny to listen to them. I like it when I talk about girl stuff and they just stare at you like "what language are you speaking?" lol thanks again!

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Us over the years... :)

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I was 'maid of honor' at a friend's wedding. Of all her friend's she wanted me to fulfill that responsibility. When she asked me, I said "YES!" with no hesitation. Why might there be a hesitation? Well, because I am a man. Didn't bother us. Friends are friends regardless of gender.

8. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Wow, that's different... But cool! I totally agree though.

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I'll be honest, at first i thought it was a little strange... But now that I think about it, it's REALLY SWEET! She could have picked anyone, and it was you! That is what bffship is made of! [​IMG]

10. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Today my mom almost got me in trouble with his uncle (that is my age) well, his girlfriend if she had heard my mom. We were coming home, he was standing in the front yard talking to his friend who had a dog. My mom goes "Awwwww, he's sooooo cute!" and sounds just like me! The uncle turns and looks at me and smiles! OMG, felt my face turning red as I am cramming the key in the door trying to hide my face! He thought i said it! I would have been in so much trouble if his gf was right there. He knows I have a crush on him, but I don't say anything cause I respect that he has a gf and a baby on the way. He has been great and stayed with her and wants to help raise his child! He's so sweet to her, as well as me and I'm glad to have him as a friend. oh, and ps. today was a busy guy day for me! Before the embarrassment, way before, I guess my makeup made me look a little older today the way i did it and my outfit, cause their other uncle (who is older that i am) looked at me and then made a double take... He said "hi" to me, which he has never done before, and smiled really big! "Omg, stay away" I was thinking! LOL! And I hadn't seen one of my friends in a while and saw him and he stared at me, right in the eyes with a serious look on his face, for a long time the other day. It kinda freaked me out, but at the same time I felt, idk, loved? Lol, he stepped a little closer to me and I stepped back. Lol, again "Stay back!" I was thinking! But anyway. Wanted to share what my mom did today! Lol, that was close!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by