What do you think of......

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
My Bantam Cochin Rooster? I know this isn't the best pic of him, planning on taking him to a show next month. He hatched in April and is a real sweetie, he was a single hatch from 5 eggs, his name is Uno.

Uno1.jpg

Would be interested in seeing pictures from the front. From the picture that you have shown, he looks pretty darn good. From that angle its hard to see exactly what his cushion looks like, but his foot feathering looks really good.

I am heading to the barn now, so will try and get some other pics of him and post them. I am just getting into showing and I thought he looked good, he also has "presence".....

His condition & colour are amazing, especially for a bird that's out on the ground.
You don't say what kind of a show you are taking him to? If it's a 4H or junior show he may do OK. In an open show I'm afraid he wouldn't do so well.
You have clearly done your part and raised him well. Unfortunately he lacks the "roundness" a Cochin Bantam needs. He's young but is mature enough to see that the Cochin type required of a show bird just isn't there.

It is a Show associated with a Local County Fair? This would be my first Chicken Show ever and right now he is my only prospect as my Phoenix are still too young and My standard Cochins are Breeding Quality.
My Splash Cochin Cockerel will be old enough to Show at a Local Club Show in February, so I am looking forward to that.

I agree, he wouldn't do great in a sanctioned show. His color's good, but type isn't great, and his comb isn't ideal. Also, his beak and feet should be yellow.

Back
Top Bottom