What do you think? Photography...

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by JustPeachy, Nov 20, 2011.

1. JustPeachy

JustPeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
  2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Your photography looks great. The only thing I noticed, that I would change on your webpage is to lower the section entitled "Meet the photographer". It is difficult to read the beginning as it is shadowed by the darker birch leaves.

3. smileyfacecat

smileyfacecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2009
    Wrentham, MA
    I am not a professional, but you have a gift. I second the suggestion to change the color of the text on the left hand side of the page (maybe a brown color would work...?).
    There is a site (http://www.deviantart.com/) that you can put pictures on there for critiques or even to sell.
    [​IMG]

4. JustPeachy

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    Thanks for the input, I made some changes, I agree with what yall said so I changed the background image. Thanks again! And any further input is greatly appreciated!

5. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
    wow! I lOVE it! [​IMG] You do great work! Best of luck to you [​IMG]

6. shellydzouza

shellydzouza New Egg

Nov 20, 2011
    Hey.I am not a professional photographer.But i saw your link.It looks so great.Really,It is so awesome.Thanks for sharing here.

7. JustPeachy

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    Thanks for the kind words! I am so excited to start trying to pursue this dream!

8. JustPeachy

Jun 14, 2011
    Waynesboro, Ga
    Any professionals out there have any advice on some studio lights? Where are some good places to get them and what do you recommend?

9. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Dollar for dollar you can't beat Alien Bees for studio lights.

From the few picture you've got on your site so far it looks like you've got some real promise as a photographer. It's a small sampling of work, but from what you've got up there you seem to have an "eye" and that's something that simply cannot be taught. [​IMG]

My suggestions for improvement would be to work on your exposure and white balance. And when you get that worked out maybe try playing with some reflectors and/or OCF for fill light in your outdoor portraiture.

ETA: And if you plan to do a lot more portraiture you might also consider investing in a good portrait lens. I'm not sure what you're shooting now, but if you kick your f stops down it will really help make your portraits pop.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  10. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    i would love to see an actual "album" or compilation of your photos, aside from the blog format. the blog is fantastic, but you only get a little taste of your actual work at a glance, and once you start having more content, a lot of your older posts won't even get seen. if you could have even a flickr album or something embedded in your site, with links back to the related blog posts for each photo, that'd be awesome. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by