What do you think this day-old cross is? Any guesses?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jossanne, Jul 3, 2010.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I've got a new baby that hatched last night. Its down is blue, with a bit of yellow underneath. It came from a standard white egg. Legs and feet are clean and dark, and it has a large beard and muff. The comb is so teeny I can't tell what kind it is.

The daddy has to be a silver-laced polish, based on clean legs, beard and muff. No cochin or silkie daddy could produce clean legs, right? My cochin roo is blue, but I'm sure he's out of the pic based on legs alone.

Mama choices are white or brown leghorn, buff or black minorca, silver-spangled hamburg or buff-laced polish.

Anyone have a guess for me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

It has a pretty fuzzy face, does it have a fifth toe on either foot? If so, could be a Favorolle mix. If not an EE mix?
    Just a guess as Im far from an expert. I mostly wanted to say I think it is a cutie.

3. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Thanks for the input. [​IMG] No faverolle in my birds, though that's a breed I'd love to try one of these days. White egg, and no EE roo, so no EE mix. I have bearded silkie and polish roos, but no feathered feet, so the polish has to be where the beard came from. He's also the only clean-legged roo I've got. Baby only has 4 toes per foot.

4. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, if you have not Faverolles it would be really hard to get Faverolle genetics in a closed flock. He sure is a pretty gray color.

5. Jess-W

Jess-W Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2010
    Slaughterville
    Have know idea but wanted to comment on what a pretty chick it is!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by