What do you think this is??? Update! Poison Ivy!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gonzo, May 17, 2010.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    umm...my little brother is 8, and he has a rash on his face. they're little red bumbs starting from one cheek, making a band across his face, to the other cheek. he kinda looks like pikachu! [​IMG] just the pika. no chu ^_^ anyway!- he was hugging on one the chickens the days before he came in with this on him. we think its mites...any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    P.S its RAWR [​IMG] my mom never signs out... P.S.S. Gonzo's back, and had to change the thread title! It was driving me nuts!

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    anything

3. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    [​IMG]
    Rashes are like that. We rarely know what causes them, or how to make them go away - they just do, eventually. [​IMG]

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    That happens occasionally to me, up and down my arms, my neck, my face. It goes away, but that's just me. Could it be poison ivy? that's kind of what it looks like...

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Has he been outside in the heat recently? How a change in laundry soap? Hand soap, dish soap? Did he run into a bush and get scratched up? The possibilities are endless.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Was he hugging a chicken who had been in poison ivy?

7. Gonzo

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    No, no poison ivy, and no soaps have changed.... I noticed the same itchy rash on my arm after holding and moving one of the other chickens. Could it be mites? I've checked the chickens, and I can't see anything, and I DE the coop often. he came home from school, and out the back to his girls he goes! his face was like that when he came back in. I think that was around 4ish, its almost 7 and its still there. My rash was there for weeks! It didn't respond to hydrocortizone cream. I ended up using an antifungal on it. Could it be ringworm that fast?

8. wvgal61

wvgal61 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    Troutman, nc
    Looks like poison ivy or oak. are their any shiny leaves around?

9. Gonzo

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    I don't think so I'll have DH check...

10. Gonzo

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    Quote:We have a winner! Poison Ivy! [​IMG] I had no idea! I thought for sure we had scabies or mites or something invading the coop! [​IMG] Believe it or not, I've never in my 30+ years have ever had or dealt with it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by