What do you think this rooster is?

Jungleexplorer

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 19, 2012
Abilene, Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I used to have this rooster and I still have some of his offspring. Bought him at a flea market and he was an excellent rooster for my free range flock. I was just wondering if anyone could look at him as see what breed he was. I am pretty sure he is was some kind of a mix.

He mated with one of my Barred Cochin Bantams hens and threw this rooster.

He mated with one of my BBRed American Game hens and threw this Rooster.

Last edited:
Red sex links are a red rooster over a silver hen, the specific breeds can vary a lot by hatchery, or even what birds a backyard breeder uses. I'm guessing there's a lot of white in the background, cause that roo from the barred hen should be barred. Is he "ghost barred", can you see faint grey barring on him? I don't see anything on the pic.

I gave him away early last year because I was starting some targeted breeding of different breeds and I did not want him jumping into my breeding pens. He was a great rooster and he left some of his seed around as you can tell. I don't remember his having any ghost barring. He pretty much looked just like the picture I posted of him.

I used to have this rooster and I still have some of h offspring. Bought him at a flea market and he was an excellent rooster for my free range flock. I was just wondering if anyone could look at him as see what breed he was. I am pretty sure he is was some kind of a mix. He mated with one of my Barred Cochin Bantams hens and threw this rooster. He mated with one of my BBRed American Game hens and threw this Rooster.

Back
Top Bottom