What Do You Think??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chickie Mamma, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Do you think these 2 eggs came from the same chicken? I know I have a Phoenix pullet that has started laying 5 days now. The one on the left shows the color I have gotten from her the past 5 days. The one on the left was from yesterday. I have 3 silkie roos (or I thought I did) One of the silkies was questionable. I got the egg on the right today. The pic is not the best, but the egg is alot darker than the one on the left. Maybe silkie?? Has anyone had this happen in 1 day. I know the color of the eggs can change over time. But I was just curious.. Thanks..

[​IMG]

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    they look great [​IMG] fresh layer distress

3. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Silkies lay white or pink eggs.

4. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    The way the eggs are so similarly shaped, I'd say it was from the same bird. I've never seen the color of an egg change that quickly before, however!

5. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  6. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Wow thats interesting!! I never had one like that before! I'll have to talk to my girls [​IMG]

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Thats what I was thinking. The 1st 5 eggs were the color on the left. Then today, the one on the right. I am going to have to hook up an eggie cam.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by