What do you think?

lovinlife

Songster
10 Years
Jun 18, 2009
Deep in the heart of Texas
This is my first attempt at posting pics, so I hope it works!
These are some chicks I bought from a breeder in Austin. The dark ones are supposed to be true Ameraucanas. The light gray one is also supposed to be a true Am, but I can't find that color on the charts I've seen, so I'm suspecting EE. The brownish one is an EE. They are about nine weeks old now. Their mouths are open because we're in a massive heat wave in central Texas. This day it was 99 in the shade. Let me know what you think about their gender... thanks!

This is Sparkle:
P1010248comp.jpg

Sparkle's comb:
P1010265comp.jpg

This is Cloudy: (can you tell my kids named those two?)
Cloudy1comp.jpg

Cloudy's comb:
Cloudy3comp.jpg

This is Doh! on the right with Cloudy on the left: (she just has that look on her face...)
CloudyandDoh2comp.jpg

This is Doh!'s head shot, odd spot on the side:
Doh1comp.jpg

This is Maya:
Maya6comp.jpg

Maya's comb:
Maya3comp.jpg

That's it for now. What do you think? Thanks!!!

Dark one is blue color ,light is splash, brown one I donot think is standart color.Do the Light one has beard and what color are its legs-slate or green?

The brown is def an EE. It's a cross with the blue Ameraucan roo the breeder had and a RIR hen.

The splash isn't listed on the ameraucana breeders club color chart. Is it shown somewhere else? Sparkle has light green legs. I'll see if I can get better pics today of the face and muff, it's small. Not sure if Sparkle is a boy or a girl.

The brown was a victim to bullying by my guineas before I separated them. Her tail was pecked to pieces and I'm just glad she lived. It's starting to grow out now, but that's why her tail feathers are so sparse. I'm pretty sure that's a girl.

Any ideas on gender for these four?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom