what do you think...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hdowden, Nov 30, 2011.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    about a frizzled d'uccle. as they dont exist right now. they do have heavy foot feathering to. heres my one lone roo right now i have to babies that i am to be pullets.

[​IMG]

he has matured more and has more feathers on his feet but i dont have any current pics of him yet

2. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    ?????? To be a "Frizzle"...he'd have to have curled feathers.....he looks like a regular Self Blue d"uccle to me.....I had the breed for about 30 years.....a Frizzle d"uccle would be nice though.....I'd love to see a photo of one....

3. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    no hes not a frizzled but i had a comment from someone thinking it would be cruel to have them in frizzling because of their foot feathers. this pic is just showing what a d'uccle looks like for those who have never seen them before.

* note he is hatchry quilty and i have 2 sq chicks

4. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    Oh...OK..... Back in the 40's and 50's there was a wonderful strain of Frizzled Mille Fleur d"Uccles.....I use to have photos...if I find them...I'll share. There are Frizzled Cochins......and they seem to get by OK with frizzled feathered feet......(?) I say.....breed what YOU want!!! I'd love to see ANY photos if you do decide on this project.....Good Luck!!!

5. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:thats what i was thinking when that comment was posted, what about the other feather footed breeds. i would share pics. i just dont know which breed to use. i dont want to get to far off from the d'uccles. i was thinking serma's maybe.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by