What do you think?

Whitney9988

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Washington
I bought 5 new chickens last night. One Brahma, one Jersey, one Rhode Red, and two mystery birds. The man didn't speak English very well so I don't think he understood me when I asked what kind they were. He only replied "they're chickens" lmao. I think the white one could be a Cornish or a Leghorn. The "Irish cream" colored one(that’s the color it reminds me of) I thought could be a New Hampshire? Its darker than my Buff Orpington but lighter than the Rhode Red. Here are pictures of the two...

P9270045.jpg

P9270043.jpg

Interesting. Not sure about the white one but the red one is not a new hampshire...they are really dark... here is my NHR

HPIM3138Small.jpg

Her markings look sorta familiar though and if I think of it, I will update this reply. Pretty girls though.

Edit: a chanteclor maybe? Nope they are too dark and partridge patterned hmmm I will keep thinking. lol

Last edited:
The red bird appears to be a new hampshire or could be a production red. Hatchery new hampshire vary in color quit a bit. Same thing for production red.

Tim

Cetawin, my hatchery NH girls are bright flaming red, not dark like yours. In fact, I've never seen one as dark as yours. Yours looks like a RIR. I agree with Tim. I think the bird in question is a hatchery NH girl. Here's mine:
DCP_1434.jpg

DCP_1431Lucy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm waiting to get some white egg to confirm if the white hen is a leghorn. Could take a couple of weeks to settle in.

The red hen is't really that red. Maybe she could be a golden comet?
hmm.png

1. Leghorn
2. Production red, OR Buff Rock
3. Rhode Island Red or Production Red. They vary QUITE a bit in coloration...but yours is a very NICE dark color. Colored VERY close to a Rhode Island Red.

#1 is for sure a white leghorn, it has yellow legs and white earlobes

#2 is odd. I am going to be difficult and say a buff rock. It is an even color overall, no black or white in the tail or hackle.
My first thought was a new hampshire

So it sounds like my mystery bird could be a NH or sex-link. Oh boy, I wish the guy spoke english better lol. Are there several kind of sex-link chickens? Is there any more info I can give you guys that could help? I think I'm going to name here mystery lmao...

Back
Top Bottom