What Do You Use For Mites/Lice?

What works the best in the prevention/treatment of lice/mites?

• Dust bath with sand and ashes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Ivermectin

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Permethrin

• Pestene Powder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Y-Tex GuardStar Garden and Poultry Dust

• Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Carbaryl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TwinsLoveChicks

Songster
Mar 10, 2016
At the coop
My Coop
My Coop
I am running this poll to find out what the best and most widely used treatment/prevention of lice/mites is. Please vote and then add what you answered in the comments, and feel free to let me now if I've missed anything.
Thanks!
smile.png

-TwinsLoveChicks

Edited to add... Carbaryl is no longer one of the poll options.

Last edited:
Diatomaceous Earth. Dump some on the cleaned floor, spread it best I can then cover with clean bedding I use Koop Clean). Let the chickens scratch through it mixing everything. I also stir some in where they dust bathe

Last edited:
I am running this poll to find out what the best and most widely used treatment/prevention of lice/mites is. Please feel free to let me now if I've missed anything.
Thanks!
smile.png

-TwinsLoveChicks
Permethrin spray or dust
Ivermectin

FYI, Y-Tex = permethrin.
big_smile.png

Carbaryl (Sevin) is no longer labeled for used in poultry and the Norther Fowl Mite is resistant to it in some parts of the country, so permethrin is the better choice.

-Kathy

Permethrin spray or dust
Ivermectin

FYI, Y-Tex = permethrin.
big_smile.png

Carbaryl (Sevin) is no longer labeled for used in poultry and the Norther Fowl Mite is resistant to it in some parts of the country, so permethrin is the better choice.

-Kathy

Thanks for letting me know! Apparently I can't edit the poll, so I'll add this into my post. Thanks again!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom