what do you usually charge/can expect to pay?

WarrenHound

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2012
texas
for the following breeds as adults and their eggs?

SQ cochin bantams (chocolate, blue, splash, black, mottled and white)
SQ Serama (millie, blue, black, splash)
SQ Sumatra LF (black)
SQ Japanese Bantams (black and white tailed black)
Phoenix with tails dragging at 6 months (silver, gold,bbr)
Cream Legbars
Bresse (white, blue,black, splash)
orpingtons (chocolate, mauve, blue, black,splash)

As for prices a lot depends on the quality of the birds and location. Prices vary drastically. Sex and age also influence prices as does how badly the owner wants to sell. I've seen prices range from free to hundreds of dollars for a single bird. As for me I sell my serama and Phoenix/Yokohama for 10 to 15 dollars each at 1-2 months of age. Living in the Tennessee countryside does not help in bringing a higher price.

I would say $5-$25 for adult hens depending on how close to the breed standard they are and how rare the color/breed is, you could probably get even more for very nice hens if you wanted to though. A dozen fertile eggs of the same breed normally go from $5-$10, but it varies. A dozen standard eggs for eating are normally $3-$4, and bantam eggs are half that. I assume you meant fertile eggs, but I couldn't tell.

Purebred fertile eggs can go from $1-$4 per egg, it all depends on your area and what you're seeing for prices in your area.

Purebred adult chickens can go up to $60, it all depends on the market for chickens in your area.

I would start looking around to see what everyone is selling their chickens for in your area and work off that. I'd do yours slightly cheaper by a few bucks so that you can get the attention of others.

It also depends on whether you're trying to make money, break-even, or are breeding them for fun.
honestly i am doing it for fun and to break even SQ birds are being bred im selling what i dont plan to keep for myself and showing and would only be selling birds around 6 months old i paid a bit more than 20 for all of my birds haha so wasnt sure what to charge...most were in the 150.00 range at 6-8 months. i paid 50 each for seramas ...regardless of gender

Back
Top Bottom