What do you want to learn? I can help ;)

Hopethehen

Chirping
Oct 18, 2017
As some of you know (very few haha) I love studying! About anything, really.
I was about to go study now, so does anyone want to know anything?

Specially chickens, but if you suggest something else, I’ll be sure to search up on that too!

Any important questions, small questions, or even just wonders?
I really want to learn more too ;) so helping you is also helping I.

Hello! Small broody question, doesn’t really deserve its own thread, so I’ll ask you!
I had a hen last winter go broody in some eggs. She abondonded them, but for a few weeks after, continued making broody sounds, and acting kinda broody. She tried to sit on one egg again last week, but I repeatedly kicked her off, and after 4 times of me throwing her egg, she finally gave up. But she is still making broody clucks, whenever I go to pick her up, or when other chickens (besides her penmate) get close to her.

Any ideas on why? And how to stop this broody-ish behavior? I’m planning on taking her to a show Thursday, and she can’t be acting broody In the show pen... she’s not trying to sit or anything, but she still acts like she is. Thank you!

Hello! Small broody question, doesn’t really deserve its own thread, so I’ll ask you!
I had a hen last winter go broody in some eggs. She abondonded them, but for a few weeks after, continued making broody sounds, and acting kinda broody. She tried to sit on one egg again last week, but I repeatedly kicked her off, and after 4 times of me throwing her egg, she finally gave up. But she is still making broody clucks, whenever I go to pick her up, or when other chickens (besides her penmate) get close to her.

Any ideas on why? And how to stop this broody-ish behavior? I’m planning on taking her to a show Thursday, and she can’t be acting broody In the show pen... she’s not trying to sit or anything, but she still acts like she is. Thank you!
That is pretty strange... how often does she lay on eggs?
There’s a couple ways to break a broody hen. You can start by trying to put an ice pack under her when she’s laying on the eggs.
Or, separate her from the nest boxes, put her in a small metal crate like one you could use for a dog. With food and water, eventually she’ll give in I think. (Never broke a broody, but I still learned about them ;)

Or... she could be egg bound. Have you felt her stomach, and made sure there isn’t an egg bound?
Has she been laying eggs, or just laying on others eggs?

Question, not chicken related. If you're in a space ship going at the speed of light and you reach down and turn on your headlights, will they light up in front of you or are you going too fast?
Technically, if you were actually somehow moving at the speed of light which is highlyyyy unlikely, I’m pretty sure that... the pressure of the spaceship moving so quickly will pin you down to your seat, and you won’t be able to move to turn on the headlights.

So, either way, it would be impossible to even turn on the lights. Nonetheless actually so that fast.

Back
Top Bottom