What do you wear on your feet, to the coop ?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    What do you wear to the coop/run??

For a week or so, I was wearing my sandals into the coop---they quickly became dusty, dirty and water logged from being 'washed' off so much..

Now, I have a pair of canvas "Mary Jane's" with rubber soles. I purchased them at 'Wallyworld' for 4$... I was looking for a pair of cheap croc style shoes but I found these they were on sale and I thought they were cute. They have pink and gray flowers on them.. They were so comfy (to my amazement) , I decided to go back and get some other designs to wear with my summer wear!

My grandson (who is 2) has a pair of camo crocs.. If I say anything about the chickens--he runs and puts his 'chicken shoes' on..

What do your 'Chicken shoes' look like???

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Just regular shoes..(Birkies) for the chickens and horses. My barn, coop and run are not that nasty, usually do not have to wash down shoes.

3. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

I where my croc knock-offs. I leave them right next to the coop. I walk outside barefoot and put them on before entering the coop. My kids also have chicken shoes!

4. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Rubber boots when it's raining/cold, old oversized hiking boots otherwise. They stay on their own mat by the back door, and only come on when I go outside . . . keeps the dirt out. . .

5. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I also wear croc knock offs. Easy to slip on and off and rinse clean easy when I step into chicken poop.

6. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    In the spring through summer, I wear my sandals (similar to Birkenstocks). They have a smooth sole (worn down smooth), which makes them VERY easy to clean. We keep a brush on the patio to clean all shoes before entering (with a hose if necessary).

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Old LL Bean Mocs

8. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    I alternate between the fake Crocs and the TSC rubber boots. I offer the boots to visitors. Most people are skeeved out to walk out of the run with a Croc 1/2 full of cruddy shavings....

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    black Walmart rubber boots if its nasty, old sneakers if its not.

10. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Barn boots always from TSC. On my 4th pair!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by