What do your chicks/chcikens smell like? Mine smell like cotton and tacos...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shadow rabbit10, May 26, 2012.

1. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Crowing

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    I know this is a strange idea for a thread, and I'm not sure what category it would fit under either. So, what do your chicks/chickens smell like? my chickies smell like cotton and their brooder smells like tacos! It's not a bad smell, or a strong one, and I like the smell of the chicks. I just thought they would smell really bad. I'm just curious to know if everyone's birds smell this way. Are they supposed to smell good or bad? Sorry about the weirdness/randomness of this thread, but I have to know!:p

2. When it rains, mine smell like wet dog.

3. Themehmeh

Themehmeh Chirping

Apr 12, 2012
    Texas
    I got my chicks and two weeks later went to my favorite taco place in town.
    I walked in and was immediately repulsed, thinking " It Smells Like A Chicken Coop In Here!"
    Mind you, I dont think the chickens stink, but I knew it was the smell of their poop and dander and immediately thought the restaurant was filthy. Then I realized it made sense for the meat of the animal to smell like the live version. So I guess what I'm saying is, Yes, chickens smell like tacos.

4. chickengirl12

chickengirl12 In the Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    Mine smell like dirt and like a wet dog when it rains

5. shadow rabbit10

shadow rabbit10 Crowing

Mar 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    So I'm not the only one!

6. Oceanic109

Oceanic109 In the Brooder

May 21, 2012