What do your neighbors think or you chickens (other animals too!)?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kschwartz, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    I have ducks, and have had them for about a month and a half now and I've had some pretty cool reactions! If people walking by see the ducks I always let them come pet them and see them. I am the only one who really has ducks around where I live. Not even chickens, well besides my friend who raises show quality silkies a couple blocks away from me. I live in the burbs so people don't see these animals too often I guess. No one has any problem with them so far so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

2. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    I live in the country but my house is still the slow down and look. [​IMG]
    I have ducks and geese in the front yard in the pond, chickens everywhere, the turkey's follow everyone around if they come in the yard.
    A goat or 12 sometimes out front [​IMG].

As far as what people think, [​IMG] it's my property.

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

when i lived in town i had several goats.. I would take them for rides in the car (i had a little horizon hatchback).. it was interesting seeing the double takes from people who would casually glance our way then almost break their necks to get a second look...
    i would also take them for walks on a leash.. people would stop me and ask what kind of dogs they were..
    I would smile and reply that they were a rare breed .. then make up some off the wall name for it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by