what does a chicken sneeze look like"?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kimmybee, Jul 7, 2011.

1. kimmybee

kimmybee Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Waddell
    one of my bantams a little silkie was sick a while back, bubbly eyes crusted over. he is about 3 weeks old, anyway, nursed him back to health with antibiotics and vitamins including my daughters left over pink eye meds, anyway it seemed to work his eyes are clear, he is eating and drinking great so after 48 hours of clear eyes and observation i put him back with his little flock. But he is doing this wierd thing where he peeps and shakes his head, hard to describe. What is that? It is through out the day and random, i would say it is a chick sneeze but not sure. several in a row but he seems fine other than that.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:It's possible that dust particles from the feed got into his nostrils and is trying shake it out. It could be a chick sneeze trying to clear it out. However, It could be sneezing and slinging minute nasal droplets spreading the CRD to your other chicks. I wouldve kept him seperated unless the others were already exposed prior to his reintroduction.

3. kimmybee

kimmybee Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Waddell
    yes the others had been exposed and are fine, but I don't even want to know what CDR is...... his nose doesn't seem drippy

great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by