what does a scrambled air sack look like?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Sep 26, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

can anyone describe or show pics?

2. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=148759

here's
    a link to a thread about it. They generally look like clover leafs. really out of place and they can even moved around where the egg is turned. Sometimes they do hatch normally though!

If you have shipped eggs a general period of rest at room temperature and pointy side down is recommended before you put them in the incubator of 12-24 hours. It allows the eggs a chance to settle after shipping [​IMG]

3. stephanie1992

oh ok, all my eggs were shipped, and out of 46, 20 look that way, u think thell be ok?

4. Barbedwirecat

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    I think they should be just fine. Give them a try and as long as they are developing normally (you start seeing veins and such) then you should be good to go [​IMG]

5. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I've had them develope in my last shipment. I think if you raise the big part of the egg up, dont handle as much and turn carefully, they might be fine!

6. stephanie1992

ok good lol , at what days should i know if there good or not, some have been in there about 5 days but the shells r dark, when candled the eggs red, sum r yellow, im guessing the yellow r no good, but r the red ones good?

7. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Yellow ones are probably duds but I would wait until day 10 to scrap them. someone on here had one start developing on day 10!

8. stephanie1992

wow ok lol i know two wont be good, looks like blood rings forming, posted pics on another post and got told they were blood rings, nt happy bout that spent $50 on thos eggs, but i still have some of that breed left so im hopful. ill keep watching and looking for any signs of viens

9. Barbedwirecat

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    It's hard to tell on those pics to be honest. But if they don't look like the other eggs you have from the same day then chances are they are rings. You should see pretty good veining even this early at long as you have a strong enough light.

10. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Yeah it sucks an is dicouraging when something like that happens.. I just got 16 serama eggs in and only have 2 left and not even the feather type I was shooting for lol! luckly zoomummzy is awesome an is sending me more of what I wanted. Its sellers like Laura that make hatching so much less stressful, but others who just dont give a darn is what makes it almost impossible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by